Search squid archive

Re: Squid 2.6-STABLE6 100% cpu load, lots of iowait and coredumps

fre 2007-01-12 klockan 16:59 -0500 skrev Jason Taylor:
> We recently upgraded our extremely old squid servers (P3-1GHz, 512MB ram) to modern hardware (3GHz P4, 2GB ram) running RedHat
> linux.  The problem I am experiencing is that CPU load will jump to 100% and stay there.  The system shows about 50% iowait cpu
> usage.  We have about 1500 employees using two such machines.  Also, squid seems to dump core and restart several times during all
> this.  My coredump_dir directory has many core files in it, about 10 or 11 per day when the load-spike happens.  Some days, things
> are just fine.

Please file a bug report with a backtrace of the fault..

Also, if you find a Squid which jumps to 100% cpu again, please run
"squid -k debug; sleep 1; squid -k debug" while it's consuming 100% cpu
and then file a bug report including your cache.log output.

> What configurations can I do to my OS and squid in order to get rid of this bottleneck?

Probably not a bottleneck but a problem somewhere.

Regards
Henrik