Search squid archive

Re: generic kerberos support in 2.6?

On Wed, 2006-12-20 at 11:06 +0100, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> The Negotiate scheme is SPNEGO by definition.

Hrm.  Firefox seems to disagree, at least in it's implementation.  Squid
sends "Negotiate" as the authentication mechanism and Firefox responds
with Kerberos.

> Native KRB5 is the Kerberos scheme..

I see.  I wonder, given that Firefox sends native KRB5 with Negotiate if
it will even recognize Kerberos as a mechanism?

> But adding a native Kerberos interface to ntlm_auth would make sense as
> well, much like it has a native NTLM interface. Skipping SPNEGO.

Perhaps.

b.

Brian J. Murrell