Search squid archive

Reverse ftp proxy

Hi

I have a question not strectly closely related to squid but I hope that
someone kindly will reply to me.
I saw questions about ftp reverse proxy, reverse proxy etc...
But what exactly is an ftp reverse proxy? What is the difference at tcp
layer?

Example:

Internet

Firewall----dmz
|		ftp server (private ip)

Lan

Usually I configure a static nat (public ip to dmz ip) in order to
provide ftp service but if I would to configure a reverse proxy with
squid is possible?
My final config should be like this:

Internet

Firewall----dmz
|		squid (reverse ftp)

Lan
Internal Ftp server

To sum up squid should forward incoming ftp request to my internal ftp
server

The question is:

1) Is Squid able to act as reverse ftp proxy?
2) What is the difference at tcp layer?

Thanks
Marco