Search squid archive

Re: Squid cannot start because it "can't open 'on' for writing..."

Hi,
     I'm having a strange problem with squid.
When I stop and restart the program, it fails to start; cache.log says
it can't open "on" for writing, and suggests to check that the parent
directory be writable by the user "squid".

There has a been a thread on this , same message, recently
you may want to check the archives, at squid-cache.org, for instance.

M.