Search squid archive

Re: Performance of Squid ?

Noc Phibee schrieb:

Hi

anyone can say me what is the best choice in equipment for put a Squid
with Active Directory authentification + squidguard for:

   for 700 simultaneous user

Use 1 mainstream pc . whatever. put one gig of ram and you're done.

and
   for 5000 simultaneous user

use 1 high end machine with a lot of ram, say 4 GB, and a fast disk array for the cache.

How many server you thinks that i put for best performance ?

1. (and maybe one backup machine)
if you do not have a very fast uplink the machine won't be the bottleneck.

he have a howto for squid in large configuration ?

There are some hints in the mail archives, but the numbers you are naming are not "large".

we can add a Antivirus scan of the flow ?

Yes. Have a look at the related software section of the squid homepage. There are several approaches to virus scanning depending on what you want to scan with which virus scanner.

JC