Search squid archive

Re: TOS ?

Janek Pankiewicz schrieb:

Hello squid community,
I just wanted to ask if squid mark packets with TOS
(delay, precedence, reliability, minimum cost, throughput)
for different types of connection and for different web traffic.

You mean you would want to give penalties to www.sexbomb.com and priority to www.goodhomepage.com. You can do this with delay pools but this works differently from the TOS mechanism - it works on the inside, allocating groups or users certain amounts of download rates. I do not think setting TOS values would have a great effect.

JC