Search squid archive

Re: Transparent caching : using non default http port

Chris,
    Thanks for responding. As you can see I am still confused between the
two. I thought in 2.6 Reverse proxy was replaced by InterceptionProxy.
Did I get that wrong ? I probably did!

How are the two different ? I need to be able to install a cache proxy
alongside my webserver to cache some dynamilcaaly generated pages. Which
one would be the right one ?

Again thanks for your time.

-Mohan

Chris Robertson wrote on 11/17/2006, 2:30 PM:

 > Mohan wrote:
 > > I am using squid 2.6 and I
 > > need to setup transparent caching for a webserver running on a port
 > > other than 80. We have a webserver running on port 2000 . I have spent
 > > quite a number of hours trying to figure out in changing this default
 > > setting. Is there a way to change this ?
 > >

 > First off, are you really trying to do interception proxy
 > (http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/InterceptionProxy, often mistaken
 > for transparent proxy), or are you attempting acceleration
 > (http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/ReverseProxy)?
 >
 > The first would likely require changes to your firewall rules.  The
 > latter would require changes to how Squid is set up.  Hopefully your
 > questions will be answered in the links provided.
 >
 > Chris

Mohan Rao
(650 937 3369) / mohansrao@xxxxxxx
AIM : mohansrao