Search squid archive

Re: COSS trouble revisited ...

* Henrik Nordstrom (henrik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx):

> sön 2006-11-05 klockan 15:17 +0100 skrev Thomas-Martin Seck:
> > * Odhiambo WASHINGTON (odhiambo.raburu@xxxxxxxxxxxx):
> >
> > > Finally 2.6STABLE4 made it to FreeBSD (6.x) ports. I made an attempt at
> > > using Squid with COSS cache.
> >
> > I'd like to add that this is STABLE4 plus most changesets up to and including
> > changeset 11066 so what's available via FreeBSD ports at this time is more a
> > not-quite-STABLE5 than a vanilla STABLE4.
>
> Please try to be restrictive with adding changesets to the ports
> distribution. The policy defined earlier for 2.5 still applies to 2.6.
> <url:http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.5/bugs/>.

I am. I restrict myself to changes that address

a) security issues
b) problems that cause Squid to abort which I can verify via Squid
   bugzilla

I definitely try to leave out the bleeding edge code changes, rest
assured. Since 2.6 is not yet the default Squid port, I do include
changes that address e.g. known issues in optional components like COSS
more liberally because I do not want my users to stay out in the cold
when they try to test these components and let them run into already
known issues.

I hope this is OK with you.