Search squid archive

Re: access.log no longer functioning, after --with-large-files

mån 2006-10-16 klockan 12:30 -0500 skrev Peter Smith:
> I tested this before pushing to production, on a Redhat Linux v7.2
> server.  It worked fine.  I recompiled on the Redhat AS 3 (update 8)
> servers and installed.  Now Squid doesn't even open its access.log at
> all.  It does, however, open its cache.log .

If you have upgraded from an earlier Squid release then a common cause
to this is not having any access_log line in squid.conf.

Older releases fell back on using a default path, but from Squid-2.6
with it's reworked access log framework there is no longer a hardcoded
default log file and no access log will be written if there is no log
file defined.

Regards
Henrik