Search squid archive

Re: TCP_MISS:DIRECT problems with http_accel configuration and cache (help please)

On 10/12/06, Alexandre Correa <alexandre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
try:

cache_replacement_policy heap LFUDA
memory_replacement_policy heap GDSF

This had no affect on the problem.

I've gone through the Squid book, and I can't make sense of what's
happening (or, rather, not).   Several people have suggested I test
2.6RC -- how would that behave differently under these same
conditions?

On 10/12/06, Forrest Aldrich <forrie@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've set up Squid Version 2.5.STABLE6 as a host accelerator.
>
> In the logs, I'm seeing entries that consistently say TCP_MISS:DIRECT
> and there are no files being stored in the cache directory as I would
> expect.
>
> I'm not sure what's wrong, and hope someone can clarify.
>
> The squid.conf file is very simple, and probably has a couple things
> that aren't necessary:
>

>    acl QUERY urlpath_regex cgi-bin \?
>    no_cache deny QUERY
>
>    acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
>
>    acl onlyGet method get
>    http_access allow onlyGet
>
>    acl Manager proto cache_object
>    acl LocalHost src 127.0.0.1/32
>    http_access allow Manager LocalHost
>    http_access deny Manager
>
>    http_port 8888
>
>    icp_port 0
>    cache_mem 500 MB
>
>    cache_dir ufs /var/cache/squid 2048 16 256
>    emulate_httpd_log on
>    redirect_rewrites_host_header off
>    cache_replacement_policy GDSF
>    cache_mgr xxx@xxxxxxx
>    cache_effective_user squid
>    cache_effective_group squid
>    log_icp_queries off
>    cachemgr_passwd xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>    buffered_logs on
>
>    httpd_accel_host xx.xx.xx.xx
>    httpd_accel_port 80
>
>    http_access deny all
>

> Images are being transferred, but with TCP_MISS:DIRECT, which I
> presume means it's going directly to the server to retrieve, rather
> than the cache.  Even after viewing the images multiple times, they
> are still not stored in the Squid cache.
>
> The permissions on the directories are correct (squid:squid).   This
> is on CentOS_4.3 (32bit).
>

> Thanks!

  / 7
  /_(