Search squid archive

Re: Question about access log write speed and a possible DOS-attack (client-side)

Peter Smith wrote:
Wow. What a rookie I've turned out to be. I hadn't even considered that being the reason for Squid shutting off. Thankfully I haven't hit that in a very long time. You are correct, both Squids were affected by their access.log file being 2147483647 (2^31 -1) bytes in size.

Now I'm off to look at the FAQs, etc, on perhaps compiling Squid w/ large-file-access..

Thanks, Henrik, you always come through.

Peter

[chris@server squid-2.5.STABLE13]$ ./configure --help

SNIP

 --with-large-files      Enable support for large files (logs etc).
 --enable-large-cache-files
                         Enable support for large cache files (>2GB).
WARNING: on-disk cache format is changed by this option

SNIP

Chris