Search squid archive

Re: Can Squid Intercept Certain Pages and Display a Warning Page Before Redirecting

tor 2006-09-14 klockan 13:34 -0400 skrev Steven Weintraut:

> Rather than take the severe route of just blocking those sites, I was
> trying to think of a way to use Squid as a proxy and when they visit
> the login for one of those email sites that it would first display a
> reminder page reminding them to limit the amount of time they spend
> doing personal stuff during work hours, and then allow them to
> continue on as they normally would either via a timed redirect and/or
> a hyperlink they could click on

You can do this with the help of the session helper in squid-2.6 plus
deny_info redirecting to a web page with the reminder.. Unfortunately
documentation is a bit thin yet.

> Once the warning was display we would want to turn off the warning so
> that it didn't come back up everytime they went to read a message or
> click on some other url during the same session

The above mentioned helper can start the session on first request making
this automatic..

Regards
Henrik