Search squid archive

Re: need some information

squid learner wrote:
as using 4 isp with proxy with round robin peer

it is working good with weight=1

but now i have to add one isp with out proxy so how i
configure to that isp      ----   --- -----  ------
with never_direct

If I'm reading this correctly, you have a total of five upstream ISPs, four of which have proxies one of which does not, and you are looking to distribute your traffic through all five?

Assuming this is correct, I would set up a second proxy server locally that only uses the fifth ISP for Internet access. Use it in the same manner as the four ISP maintained proxies (cache_peer proxy5.example.com parent 3128 3130 round-robin).

For what it's worth, the weight option does nothing for round-robin groups, and never_direct will not help you in this situation.

Chris