Search squid archive

Re: Proxying unwanted request

Mark Gibson wrote:
It looks like my squid instance is being used as a proxy, and I don't want it to. I see many instances in access.log like this:

4.79.247.67 - - [09/Aug/2006:12:47:21 -0400] "GET http://216.239.59.147/search? HTTP/1.0" 200 15190 TCP_MISS:DIRECT

I thought I eliminated the ability to do this in my config file.
Why do you think this?  What steps did you take?
  To test this, I try to do this:

$ http_proxy=http://mysite.com wget http://216.239.59.147/search?
--10:48:32--  http://216.239.59.147/search?
           => `search'
Resolving mysite.com... xx.xx.124.205
Connecting to mysite.com|xx.xx.124.205|:80... connected.
Proxy request sent, awaiting response... 403 Forbidden
10:48:32 ERROR 403: Forbidden.

This makes it look like proxying is denied, yet the access.log entry above says differently. Can someone point me in the right direction to find out why this is happening?

All that proves is the host that you tried the test from is denied proxy. Perhaps http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/SquidAcl would be a good start... If that's not enough, share your squid.conf (either on list or off).

Chris