Search squid archive

Re: squid use entire disk partition

On 09.08.06 16:30, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 09, 2006, huang mingyou wrote:
> > The disk size is 6G,and I format it as ext3,so have 5.6G free space can
> > use. and I set the cache_swap_low to 93
>
> Ah, well, if the disk is that small then you're going to need more 'free' room
> or the disk performance will suffer. So yes, you'd have to use ~50% of that
> (ie, 2600 megabytes ish) as your cache_dir size.

I use "cache_dir /path/ 30000" on 36 GB drives and "cache_dir /path/ 15000"
on 18GB drives. The filesystems are filled to ~86% which is OK, when I tried
to use them a bit more, the performance degraded.

I would try "cache_dir /path/ 5000" on that 5GB drive. If it would be to
slow, I'd degrade it to 4500 to see if it helps.
--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
One OS to bring them all and into darkness bind them