Search squid archive

acceleration mode question

I have squid 2.6stable1 up and running on suse 10.1 in acceleration
mode.  It works fine under normal testing on my pc..  But if I open up
say internet explorer instead of firefox and hit the same address on
the cache server I get a cache miss in the access log.  This is the
same as when trying to view from a different machine.   Is there some
configuration option that I need to change to get the pages that are
cached to be available to anyone and everyone?

Thanks,
Matthew