Search squid archive

Squid-2.6.STABLE2: "Not our vary marker object"

There doesn't appear to be any documentation for the "Not our vary marker object" messages that appear in the cache.log file generated by Squid-2.6.STABLE2.  The following is an example entry from the log and appears on a single line.

2006/08/04 08:09:59| storeLocateVary: Not our vary marker object, 575BCD87CBA91ABA3A8E45C504D1F55B = 'http://stb.msn.com/i/8A/24BC8A51321CAF6CCA6C4DBD4F9.gif', 'accept-encoding'/'-'

What is the significance of this message?  Does it simply mean that there is another web proxy in the path that didn't preserve the original Vary data?

Merton Campbell Crockett