John Oliver wrote:

[root@kira squid-2.5.STABLE14]# /usr/local/squid/sbin/squid -k debug
squid: ERROR: No running copy
Squid is not running....

Start Squid first then debug it

#/usr/local/squid/sbin/squid
#/usr/local/squid/sbin/squid -k debug

See the outputs in cache.log

I was trying to find out why I always get:

ERROR

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://localhost:81/

The following error was encountered:

   * Access Denied.

     Access control configuration prevents your request from being
allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel
this is incorrect.

I tried "http_access allow all" since I'm using Squid as an accelerator,
but that didn't work.

Check your iptables setting.
#iptables -L
If there is any rule set for denying port 81,remove it and then try it again.

Also you can check to know whether the port 81 is opened.
#telnet localhost 81

--
Thanks,
Visolve Squid Team,