Search squid archive

Re: communication between squid servers

delloin@xxxxxxx wrote:

Hello,

My squid architecture is composed of two internal squid proxies and two external
squid parents located in a dmz , all of them on the same physical site.

Internal proxies are in charge of authenticating the users (NTLM/AD) and routing
to  intranets. or to external proxies for internet traffic.

External proxies are in charge of treating the requests received from the
internal proxies to internet.

Client <-> two internal proxies <-> firewall <-> two external proxies <->
internet

I would like to implement something that makes my internal proxy detect that a
parent is down, and so forward the requests to the other exernal proxy.
problem when one of my external proxy crash.

Do you have any ideas ?

Thanks in advance

This is a normal function of cache_peer. How are you passing traffic from the internal proxies to the external? If you are using cache_peer lines, please supply them...

Chris