Search squid archive

getpwnam syntax

Hi all, I am trying to do some testing with proxy authentication and I am hitting a wall. I'd like to use squid and the regular password file on my linux system which is supposedly possible.

if I were to use a diff auth scheme, the squid.conf file syntax would look something like this:

auth_param basic program /usr/sbin/squidauth.pl /etc/squid/squidpasswd

but what is the syntax if I want to use getpwnam?  Something like this:

auth_param basic program getpwnam /etc/passwd ???

Anyone know? Thanks!!

Robert Denton
Network Administrator
Headsprout