Search squid archive

Re: Re: Help. SQUID very very slow.

Please keep replies CC'ed to the list. Thanks.

Thanks.  I've  found error in my hosts file. It was:
192.168.0.20   oper-squid.concordlimo
I fixed to
192.168.0.20   oper-squid.concordlimo.com oper-squid

Did you check what happens if you ping an external host from the squid machine ? You should have immediate NS resolution; if you experience a delay before pinging starts you have a name server problem. Common causes are having a misconfigured name server on top of resolv.conf or having an internal-only NS before one that doas external lookups. Then the NS query goest to the wrong server, times out and afterwards is answered by the NS that does external resolution. Happened to me several times.

Yours,
Jakob Curdes