Search squid archive

Info returned From Squid in PHP Script

I am currently testing a PHP script found at PHP Classes web site named
SASL. I am going against a Squid Proxy Server. No matter what I enter for a
userid and password it comes back with a response of 200. I assume this
means that I hit the Squid server NOT that authentication passed. So how can
I tell if authentication failed or was a success? Is there a var set
somewhere? REMOTE_USER is not being set.

Help is greatly appreciated.

TIA.

Mike