Search squid archive

Re: any help about routing peers

squid learner wrote:

i want my squid peers to fetch from there own routed
gateways
ex:-
peer_cache(proxy xxx1 )default
round-robinfrom10.0.0.1
peer_cache (proxyxxx2 ) default
roundrobinfrom10.0.0.2

is it possible did some one already using please advice

I think to receive an answer to your question, you are going to have to state it more clearly. I have a few spare moments, so I'll take a guess...

Assuming you have three Squid servers (one child, two parents) and in the child's squid.conf you have...

cache_peer proxyxxx1 parent 3128 7 no-query round-robin
cache_peer proxyxxx2 parent 3128 7 no-query round-robin

...then the routing decisions of proxyxxx1 and proxyxxx2 are outside of the scope of Squid and depend entirely on how networking is set up on them.

If your question involves different variables, then please expound.

Chris