Search squid archive

Re: pb of re-authentication with squid

Service informatique wrote:

We have a squid with "nsca" authenfication  installed.
We click to a link on a extrenal web server which must reveal a "login" pop up (login and password).
Without squid, it works well : a "login" windows appears.
With Squid, we get a "authorization required" message (error 401) and no "login" windows appears. As if squid seemed to supply automatically the credentials....and wrong credentials of course
Someone has a idea of the probleme?
We have tested with differents brownsers (IE6 or Firefox): it's the same
Many thanks

How are you directing your clients to Squid? A setting in the browser, using a proxy.pac or redirection (interception/transparent)? Have you set any header_access lines in your squid.conf?

Chris