Search squid archive

Re: X-Forwarded-For Header and Rewriter

Hi,

I took a look at the follow_xff patch, but will the ip-address information I get in an url rewriter (squid as reverse proxy with redirect script) be the one of the client or the one of the other cache-proxy that send its request to squid?
due to the documentation, it seems as if I only use the patch to have a new acl directive follow_x_forwarded_for.

but I would like to start a script to check the original client ip, e.g. inside of the redirect script, and then to redirect him to a special url.

is this possible?

thx in advance,
max