Search squid archive

problems using telnet

Hi,

  I had installed squid2 and configured it as internet sharing proxy.

The problem is, the users behind the squid proxy are not able to telnet to my mail server.

 For example is users behind telnet give a command as follows

  > telnet 202.54.37.xxx

they receive an error like "Could not open connection to the host on port 23: connection failed"

in squid.conf i had set " ftp_telnet_protocol on ", but that doesnt seem to wok and i have no firewall installed.

please help me.

thanks in advance