Search squid archive

RE: FW: using Squid as a proxy server

lör 2006-06-03 klockan 09:32 +0200 skrev Bluemountain:
> You see, I don’t know this information, how would I go about finding this
> out, bearing in mind I have never seen squid before, I am assuming it is
> installed on it's own machine and not on the 2003 windows server, would that
> be right? How would I check what version it is?

Maybe, maybe not. Squid runs on many things, including Windows 2003...

Check the proxy settings in a browser which is supposed to work. This
should tell you the address of the proxy server machine which should
help you answer the first question (where).

> I haven't tried anything yet as the previous IT manager has just upped and
> left and everyone is clueless, including me, I am a Microsoft engineer.....

Prepare yourself for a steep but interesting learning curve to
reverse-engineer the network setup ;-). Should take a day or two..

Regards
Henrik