Search squid archive

Re: HTTP compression with Squid

lokesh.khanna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi I am using Squid 2-5-10 stable on Red Hat linux and passing nearly 15
mbps traffic.
I want to use some device ( or on squid) which can help me in saving
bandwidth by enabling compression.
We Provide internet service over Satellite. I want to compress data
between Client and Squid server placed in Data Center. I heard Hyperweb
is a good tool to do that. This daemon sit in between Client and Squid
and compress data between client and Hyperweb daemon. But unfortunately
this product is good for only Enterprise customers not for ISP.

Does anyone using any other tool like this. Any hardware based solution
or software based solution which can be used for HTTP compression.

Thanks - Lokesh

Since you mentioned hardware solutions, you might look into Peribit (acquired by Juniper) or its competitors. It's a TCP stream compressor/optimizer, so it accelerates Email, and FTP as well as HTTP.

Chris