Search squid archive

Re: caching compressed documents

Anyone done anyhing like this before?
All I am looking for is to modify the document from the origin server, store it in cache and send it out.

Can anyone point me to the right way?

Bharath Devanathan wrote:

We have a situation where we store documents in a compressed form on a particular storage solution. The clients access these documents via http.

We would like to add a cache in front

1) on a cache miss, fetches the document from the original source
2) decompresses it
3) returns the decompressed doc to the client requesting it
4) stores it in the cache uncompressed

Is there a plugin for converting the data from the original source to a particular format before storing it in the squid cache?
If not, is there a way for me to write such a plugin?

thanks
bharath