Search squid archive

Re: Authentication Prompt on one blocked acl

Steve Wilson Jr wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Robertson [mailto:crobertson@xxxxxxx] Sent: Monday, May 22, 2006 7:12 PM
To: Squid List
Subject: Re:  Authentication Prompt on one blocked acl

Steve Wilson Jr wrote:

I'm using NTLM authentication and it works fine but I have an acl
blocking browser regexp windows mediaplayer. Everytime I pull up a page
with the media player embedded it prompts for authentication. Other than

that it never prompts. Any ideas?

Steve Wilson Jr
Loxias IT Solutions
513-605-2726
swilsonjr@xxxxxxxxxx

What does the http_access line that performs the block (and the related ACL) look like?

Chris

The acl:
acl WMP browser -i Windows-Media-Player/*

and the http_access list:
http_access allow manager localhost
http_access allow localhost
http_access allow WhiteList
http_access deny !ntlm
My guess would be that WMP is not providing authentication credentials and is being blocked by this rule here. Move the WMP block above this one, and see if that clears the problem.

http_access deny Explicitly_denied
http_access deny BlockExt
http_access deny WMP
http_access deny reqMIME
http_access deny repMIME
http_access deny Anonymous_Proxy
http_access deny !Safe_Ports
http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports
http_access deny manager
http_access allow Clients
http_access deny all

when something gets blocked by BlockExt or Explicitly denied there is no
auth prompt. Is there something with the browser acl type?
Thanks in advance for any help!
Otherwise, you might remove the http_access deny !ntlm, and change the allow line to...

http_access allow ntlm Clients

...which will block the non-authenticated without a pop up prompt for authentication.

Chris