Search squid archive

ASYNC IO Counters, close operation near zero.

Hello guys, that is my first post to this list.

We are using aufs in a squid + dansguardian box, and thing go really slow around 4:00pm. We already dissmissed bandwidth bottlenecks, and we have a lot of RAM in this box (around 4GB).

The ASYNC IO counters looks very different from what we supposed to see:

ASYNC IO Counters:

Operation 	# Requests
open 	16466
close 	1
cancel 	16466
write 	0
read 	20392
stat 	0
unlink 	1128
check_callback 	635129
queue 	0

Threads Status:

# 	ID 	# Requests
1 	0x4247fbb0 	2378
2 	0x4227ebb0 	2381
3 	0x4207dbb0 	2361
4 	0x41e7cbb0 	2358
5 	0x41c7bbb0 	2384
6 	0x41a7abb0 	2367
7 	0x41879bb0 	2352
8 	0x41678bb0 	2363
9 	0x41477bb0 	2380
10 	0x41276bb0 	2367
11 	0x41075bb0 	2371
12 	0x40e74bb0 	2365
13 	0x40c73bb0 	2398
14 	0x40a72bb0 	2394
15 	0x40871bb0 	2379
16 	0x40670bb0 	2389

Shoudn't the close requests be equal to the cancel requests?

TIA