Search squid archive

Re: Squid and RAID

Hi,

Paolo Biancolli wrote:
> I presume the FAQ refers to the cache drives and not the OS drives
> (assuming they are seprate drives)?

Do you really want your OS on a striped partition?  That doubles your
chances of losing your OS!

My current server has five spindles - 2 in a RAID1 config for the OS and
3 as JBODs for the cache.  If a cache disk dies then I remove the
cache_dir entry for it until the disk is replaced and then reinstate it
(after a squid -z).

I'm not going to worry about the contents of those disks.

HTH,

				Neil.

--
Neil Hillard                    hillardn@xxxxxxxxx
Westland Helicopters Ltd.       http://www.whl.co.uk/

Disclaimer: This message does not necessarily reflect the
            views of Westland Helicopters Ltd.