Search squid archive

Re: cache hierarchy and reverse proxy

--On May 11, 2006 3:49:19 AM +0200 Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

ons 2006-05-10 klockan 15:27 -0600 skrev Michael Loftis:

As an additional to my last response:  I know this because I just went
through this exact problem.  At first I thought something was really
wrong....Now I know it turns it off, but I'm not sure if the squid team
would consider it a bug or not.

I consider "httpd_accel_with_proxy off" (the default) a bug, as the RFC
requires web servers to accept fully qualified URLs. But since the
httpd_accel_* directives are all gone from the next Squid version there
is not much to say about this. It's not going to change in Squid-2.5,
and it won't exist in later versions.

I was wondering what/where the acceleration/inverse proxy features were going to go or not.

Regards
Henrik

into trouble of all kinds."
-- Samuel Butler