Search squid archive

Re: cache hierarchy and reverse proxy

--On May 10, 2006 6:51:32 AM -0400 Sketch <sketchster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Folks,

I currently have squid pathed with rproxy and passing traffic to
origin servers, however I am unable to figure out how to now set up a
hierarchy.  Basically I want a sibling relationship, I've defined the
cache_peers, I've set cache_peer_access based of dst eqauling the
interface that the icp_port is on, however as you can probably guess,
no traffic hits that peer.  It all goes to the origin server which
uses a myip acl (different ip then the icp_port).

Any helpful clues?

you must set httpd_accel_with_proxy on or squid doesn't even init ICP, it doesn't bind the UDP port at all when you turn on accellerator mode.

into trouble of all kinds."
-- Samuel Butler