Search squid archive

Re: The requested URL could not be retrieved

yves wrote:

On Tuesday 02 May 2006 15:43, Chris Robertson wrote:
Ok   then I am more than confused.
When I had windows installed I used a proxy to access the net from my machines on my small network. So in this case what do I need to be able to use the linux machine as a protection and access to the Internet for http but also for smtp and pop3?
Thanks
yves

Well, you have a couple choices. You can set the Linux box up to NAT (or masquerade) your connection (http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/IP-Masquerade-HOWTO/ for example) or you can find a SOCKS proxy that works on Linux, and use that to proxy connections to the Internet for those applications that support it.

Chris