Search squid archive

Squid crash root cause

Dear All,

I have had a very unusual situation when my Squid crashes almost every 7 days. However, it is not depending on day of the week, time of the day, etc. I have changed hardware, moved from RH7.3 to WBEL, but nothing works.

I have not manage to pinpoint the problem. I need assistance to identify the root cause of this situation.

I have 5 disk system at edge of the network doing NAT + Squid on WBEL. I have a satellite delay to the Internet fibre backbone.

I tried vmstat output to be appended to identify the cpu/io utilization also SysRq but nothing helps. The console goes blank and does not allow anymore activity. I use ping timeouts to alert and hardboot the system.

I need guidance in order to find out why does squid crashes so regularly as I can almost identify what next couple of days it is about to crash.

Any pointers will be appreciated.

Regards,

Mitesh