Search squid archive

Re: Howto Clear Cache Periodicaly

tor 2006-04-13 klockan 18:56 -0700 skrev nonama:
> HI Henrik,
> Thanks for the reply..
>
> Ya, I can see a lot of that. Pls see below. What does
> that mean? where can I get info about all the 'terms'
> in all the logs

The store.log file format is described in detail in the FAQ:

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-6.html#ss6.4

What you would be looking for is RELEASE with a filenumber, similar to
the SWAPOUT entries. When the cache is full the rate of such RELEASE is
about the same as SWAPOUT, but somewhat more clustered due to the
garbage collection running periodically.

RELEASE without a filenumber (i.e. entries with -1 FFFFFFFF) is just
release of objects which never got cached and can be ignored.

RELEASE just before a SWAPOUT with the same URL is just replacements of
the same object in the cache and can also be ignored. This is also quite
often the case when you see a single RELEASE with no URL just before a
SWAPOUT.

Regards
Henrik