Search squid archive

Re: delay pool configuration and query - PL PL Respond

lokesh.khanna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi

I posted my question earlier also but no one replied and I am not
getting enough information on squid website also. So pl reply to me.

Below is my question and configuration

I am using class 3 delay pool and objective is to allocate 128kbps to
each host which belongs to 10.60.0.0/16 subnet. Below is my configuration

acl only128kusers src 10.60.0.0/255.255.0.0
delay_pools 1
delay_class 1 3
delay_access 1 allow only128kusers
delay_access 1 deny all
delay_parameters 1 -1/-1 -1/-1 16000/16000

Questions :

1. I noticed users get 128kbps bandwidth when they do download. But I
also noticed when I do normal browsing, peak some time goes high up to
600 kbps or 700 kbps. I used Packet shaper to monitor end user bandwidth
usage. So I want to know what is the policy, why I am seeing peak up to
600 or 700 kbps??
Where are you doing this monitoring? Between the Internet and Squid or between Squid and the clients. Cached traffic is not affected by delay pools.

2. I want to know if there is any command in squid to check how many
users are falling in delay pool policy etc. this will help in doing any
troubleshooting.
Either use the squidclient on the proxy to access the cache manager...

/path/to/squidclient cache_object://localhost/menu

...or set up a web server with the cachemgr.cgi and give it access to your cache. Look for a menu object relating to delay pools. I don't have a server set up with delay pools, so I can't be more specific.

Thanks - LK
Chris