Search squid archive

Re: User download syntax

Nick Duda wrote:

We use AD for authentication via samba/winbind. I have ACL setup to deny
downloading of file types but want to enable certain users to download.

# Define files to block from downloading
acl filedownloads urlpath_regex -i \.exe$ \.mp3$ \.mov$ \.mpg$ \.mp?$
\.avi$ \.rm$

# File Downloads
http_access deny filedownloads

I have a file located at /usr/local/squid/allowdownload that has three
lines , each line is a username and the username exists in AD

I tried doing something like the following but it did not work:

acl allowdownload src "/usr/local/squid/allowdownload"

http_access deny filedownloads !allowdownload

Any thoughts?
Check the FAQ section on ACLs (http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-10.html), as there is no way that you are ever going to have a source IP of "jimmy". Try...

acl alloweddownload proxy_auth "/usr/local/squid/allowdownload"

...and see if that gives better results.

Nick

Chris