Search squid archive

Re: Proxying request for a Reverse Proxy

tor 2006-04-06 klockan 16:50 +1000 skrev Eric Blanchi:
> What I would like to achieve is for a whole subfolder to be served by
> another server (call it Box B.) and not be cached yet keep the same domain?
>
> I was looking into Squirm as a redirector, but I am wondering whether
> anyone has already successfully done this. Is redirection what I am after?

A redirector can do this, but routing the requests using cache_peer is
perhaps better as it's less confusing to the backend server.

If using a redirector then see the no_cache directive for blocking
caching of this content.

If using cache_peer then either the no-cache cache_peer option or the
no_cache directive can be used to block caching of this content.

Regards
Henrik