Search squid archive

Re: Accelerator Cluster

Jerry Thomas wrote:

Hi,

I am running a cluster of squid 2.5 servers to accelerate many domains
and everything is working very well.

I am currently going direct to the origin servers on cache misses.

Will there be performance gains if I add the other squid servers as
cache peers or will the endusers perceive latency while the squid checks
its peers versus going direct.
Thanks,
Jerry
I have read that you can have up to 8 Squid servers talking via ICP on a 100Base-T network before you start to see performance degridation. I have three physical servers, and MRTG states that my near miss service time (which should be peer-hits, if I'm not mistaken) take around 1ms when it's busy. It seems to take longer (up to 25ms, 6ms average) during off peak times. Not likely noticable.

Chris