Search squid archive

Re: URI suffix remove

lör 2006-03-11 klockan 11:37 +0000 skrev Jose Celestino:

> > Incorrect. It's used for statistical and kickback reasons.. but doing so
> > on relatively large shockwave files is plain stupid if you ask me..
>
> Not on swf, js, or other client-side processed files. The http server
> accelerated by squid does no processing whatsoever, no php, no mod_perl.

I didn't say the server did any processing which makes a difference in
the response. I said it used the information for statistics and kickback
reasons.

> Perhaps you didn't understand that these are our sites, squid is acting
> as an accelerator. So we know with 200% certainty what we want to clean.
> That's the only scenaria I find this of use.

True.

In accelerator setups Squid is the authorative server, and how it finds
it's content is a business to you, nobody else.

Redirectors for this purpose does it's job quite well in accelerator
mode as well. But you may want the overlapping request support available
in squid-3 or as patch to 2.5 (part of the cerberian patch)

Regards
Henrik