Search squid archive

How to check caching and performance of Squid?

Hi there,

I have been running a Squid server for 6 months or more and it seems to work fine. ACLs work fine, authentication, etc.

However, users complain that some sites do not appear to being cached. It would seem that the server is retrieving the data from the various webservers each time instead of caching. This may seem like a silly question, but how to I go about checking up this?

Another question, how can I tell how well my squid is doing generally performance-wise? Do I need some 3rd party analyser? I'd like to perhaps tune squid more, but need a way of quantifying the performance.

Sorry if these are real basic questions.....

Thanks,
D.Radel.