Search squid archive

Updating Block Lists

Hello,
I have came in to a situation where we are using squid to block adult web sites. I search and searched and none of the previous posts seem to apply to my situation. Squid guard is not installed, but there exists a list in the /etc directory called xxxsites. I tested it and these are the sites that are being blocked. However, when I add sites to the list, they are not then blocked. Do I need some type of command to reinstate the list?

Thanks,

--
Joseph Zappacosta
Reading Public Library (Reading Consortium)