Search squid archive

Re: proxy_auth question

Mark Elsen wrote:

Now I want to divert *all* our http requests through the squid box on
the network, so I only want it to authenticate if it suceeds, if that
makes sense.

No , that doesn't make sense, at all.

SQUID is designed to enforce auth. and then allow http access,
per installed rules.
There is no way to have access first, and then log a username.
Btw , who would stop anyonone, in such a condition, to log any username ?

Since apparently none-auth, does not have a penalty anymore in
your scheme ?

I am trying to capture the username individuals accessing a site are logged on with using ntlm_auth, not allow or deny them access. I want everyone to be allowed through........ does that make more sense? :)

--
Jamie Heckford
Network Manager

t: +44(0)1737-780790