Search squid archive

Re: Using Squid and NTLM form a workstation running Windows Server 2003

My scenario follows:

   Squid server: Fedora Core 4 running squid-2.5.STABLE11-3.FC4 and
samba-3.0.14a-2
   Client: Windows Server 2003 (no service pack)

I´ve configured samba for security=ADS and made the Linux box join the
domain, but it still doesn´t work. Anithing else that I should try?

Thanks again!

Regards,

Luis Talora

Mark Elsen wrote:
Friends,

I´m having trouble trying to enable a Windows Server 2003 box to access
the Internet through our Squid server, which is configured to use
ntlm_auth. Analizing access.log, I´ve realized that no username seems to
be sent from the Windows Server machine to the proxy. The most strange
thing is that previouslly, with a ISA Server proxy, this machine used to
access the Internet OK. I´ve already tried running "proxycfg -u", on the
server, without success.

 Please note that if your running SP3, you may need an uptodate SAMBA release
 and or simply stated; use the latest SAMBA available.

 M.