Search squid archive

Re: premium proxy services

Hi

I added the ff lines into my proxy

acl premium-sites url_regex -i "/usr/local/squid/etc/premium-sites.txt"
cache_peer athena.wits.ac.za parent 80 3130
cache_peer_access athena.wits.ac.za allow premium-sites

For test purposes Athena is the premium proxy that i want to direct traffic to should the request be for a domain contained in the premium-sites.txt file.

As soon as i try a site contained in the premium.txt file, an authentication box pops up (??)

Any ideas?

Rgds,
Hement

Hement Gopal wrote:
Hi Mark

Thanks for your reply.

How do I tell squid that it must only direct the requests to my premium proxy for certain domains that I deem high priority?

Rgds,
Hement

Mark Elsen wrote:

Hi All

PLATFORM : Running Squid 2.5 Stable 5 on Redhat 9

We trying to manage our bandwidth and have decided to install a second
proxy server (which we will prioritize on our packet shaper).

I need to tell our current squid server that  all traffic for our
premium sites ( using a URL regex text file) needs to be handled by our
second premium proxy server.

Where in squid.conf do I do this redirect ?

 - Checkout the  'cache_peer' and 'cache_peer_access'   directives in
squid.conf.default. Read all comments.

M.