Search squid archive

Re: regarding squid patch

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006, sureish wrote:

sir,
i saw ur mailing list in google named "Large ACLs and squid".with the
explanation given below:

"dstdomain scales quite well with size. A 75000 dstdomain acl should be
about the same as a 16 entries dstdom_regex list if my calculations is
correct (binary tree search rather than linear list, with some twists to
speed up common lookups). "

the above is a quick description of the splay search.

i am also attaching the reference paper which will be useful for u to
understand.i need the patches of those thing available in the patch and
also need the latest patches searching algorithms in squid for sorting
and matching the URL.

The latest is the splay trees which is in the Squid code.

i also need the details regarding increasing the speed and performance
of squid and i also need the tool for making analysis graphs on these
things. kindly provide me or provide the link where these patches will
be available.

performance of the splay based ACLs is rarely a bottleneck, even if using very large ACLs.

Regards
Henrik