Search squid archive

RE: Performance problems - need some advice

Look into the epoll patch (http://devel.squid-cache.org/projects.html#epoll).  It's not "production ready", (or even supported AFAIK) but it did WONDERS for my CPU usage on Linux.  Anecdotal "evidence" points to it being very stable.  My proxy (not accelerator) server (~60GB/day, 2MB/sec and 160req/sec peaks) has been running it for 4 days, 16 hours and 34 minutes of CPU time over 107 real days without incident.  Here is some less anecdotal evidence: http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/200504/0422.html  YMMV and all that good stuff.

> Can anyone recommend techniques for assessing squid
> performance?  I have no good way of benchmarking our clusters
> since SNMP isnt ready quite yet.  Please don't mention
> cache_mgr, thanks :)

Chris