Search squid archive

Re: FTP over HTTPs difficulties

 > I have recently successfully set up squid 2.5.STABLE12 to run as our
 company proxy and it works perfectly with HTTP. I'm also using squid
 as FTP over HTTP proxy and it has few quirks I'm unable to fix yet.

 How did you do this ?

As far as I know, squid is able to do this by itself. When you run squid and allow port 21 with it, you can use it as a FTP over HTTP (not FTP) proxy. FTP client needs to be configured to use that kind of proxy.

 > What can be the problem? Do I have to change some settings in
 > squid.conf [not sure which]?

- Seems like the remote ftp server is abandoning, check its logs if possible.

There's nothing in the log but the message I have posted.

  - Or some intermediate firewall rule or ''data-allowed-xfersize"
rule' is triggerd,
    breaking the connection.

What's the data-allowd-xfersize? I have searched squid.conf file and there's nothing like this.

Tomas
--
# Ing. Tomas Zahradnicky, Jr.
# The Czech Technical University